Friday, December 30, 2005

Italy Trip Part 2

But first i shall show you a picture i worked on.... ta da.... The Leaning Tower of Pisa!
And the dumb pics we took!
















cute ah....

So yes... The trip....

So we arrived at Florence, and walked about, trying to find our way to the famous sights. For some reason there are a lot of 'cows' in Florence, not real ones, but plastic (i guess) life sized cows, with colours! Quite cute actually, here is a pic of the 'Cow'.

















Interesting.....
We then checked out the Ponte Vecchio, which is a bridge, with shops on its sides. And its not stalls, but structures that are a few storeys high. Its really amazing how they build that, so long ago. the shops are more amazingly supported by stilts!















Most of the hostels/hotels have these ancient lifts, where u need to open a metal grill and then the door to get in, which would fit only 3 people. We seem to like to play with it a lot. haha.
So early next morning, we checked out the street market for awhile, its alot like our Pasar Malam, Italian style. And then it was off to the Duomo, in the day time with the sun behind it, it seems like a painting, so unreal for awhile. And it is just massive.





















In this pic, u can see the white, pink and green marble. However, inside it wasn't as massive as it seemed from the outside, unlike the St. Peter's Basilica. But it was still very nice. The super high ceilings and all.
And then it was a hunt for lunch. Food seems to be a problem we face sometimes. Firstly money is tight, therefore can just walk into any restaurant. It Rome, we kena this place that charged us service charge and cover charge, for a lousy meal, so gotta be careful. And we always say we like to try the local food, but not willing to spend. And we have been having pizzas way too often. So, in Florence, the local specialilty is..... Tripe! Beef tripe to be precise. Tripe is basically the stomach la. So its like eating 'Kuay Chap' (which i so miss). Since the cow has like 4 stomachs, then you just have to guess which one la. I had a bite, but didnt like it. So then, pizza for lunch.

We checked out the Piazza Signoria again, took pictures with David again. Everyone loves David... Haha. Took some pictures with the police horses, and they were licking my jacket! Eww... And some pictures of the 'cow'...
















People were looking at my funny when i took this. But its cute!

Next we checked out the famous Uffizi Gallery. Not everyone wanted to go, so 4 of us did. Its not like I'm super interested in art or wat, but I thought it would be worthwhile having a look. And I was right! It was just amazing... I was actually explaining the meanings of the pictures to my friends, as I was the only Catholic there, and most of the pictures were of that nature. I really like the only 2 Leonardo Da Vinci paintings there. There was just so much detail. Anyway, here is a picture of us at the beginning of the Uffizi Gallery, when pictures were still allowed. Charlie Angels??





















I'm the center one anyways. We met up with the rest outside the Duomo, and not too long ago they meet some of the NUS students on exchange in Newcastle also touring around. So we went in to look for them. 3 guys from NUS, also doing Chemial Engineering, one of them is my lab partner, so I went up to look for him. And I was like, "Hey, smell my jacket. Yah, here. Smells good? Yeah, you just smelt horse's saliva!!!!!!" Very very mean! But I couldnt help it! It is a good prank isnt it? And I laughed so loud! In a church! I had to cover my mouth, so pai seh. Haha. After which we grabbed our stuff from the hotel and headed for the train station.

When we were buying out tickets for the automated machine, we found out that all the 2nd class tickets were sold out, so we had to get the 1st class tickets. 1st class is simply superb. We were taking pictures like idiots man... Sua koo! It was damn cool. After an hour's journey, we had to change trains. This time it was an older train. Although it was still 1st class, it sucked. Compared to the last one. Plus this was a 3 hour journey. hai....

Venice! First thing that came to my mind. Damn it cold in Venice. I'm dead. Not enough clothes.


keith at 8:59 PM
0 bullcrap Post a Comment
***

About the Writer:
.
.
.
.
.
.


About the Past:

11.04

12.04

01.05

02.05

03.05

04.05

05.05

06.05

07.05

08.05

09.05

10.05

11.05

12.05

01.06

02.06

03.06

04.06

05.06

06.06

07.06

08.06

09.06

10.06

11.06

12.06

01.07

02.07

03.07

04.07

05.07

06.07

07.07

08.07

09.07

10.07

11.07

04.08


talk