Monday, January 02, 2006

Since my sister was blogging abt herself facing a new class, and the fears she faced. And since she says I do not know what it is like to be in her shoes, as I have never had any of those problems in Poly. Yup, I have no idea how it feels to do badly in school, well at least in Poly, but since I've entered Uni, I had my fair share of some of those problems she faced.

Firstly facing a new class. Since I entered Uni directly into second year, my classmates have already known each other for a year now, so it was really awkward for me. They would be wondering why am I here? Am I in the wrong class? And it doesnt get any better since I the only asian guy around. There were a few international students around, mainly from Saudi and one guy from India. So naturally I would sit at the back of the class. And unlike my sister, I didnt get anyone coming up to me to say hi. So as the weeks went by, I was still sitting right at the back, (my class has only 20-30 people), and I realise that my eye sight was failing me, and I couldnt really see what was written on the board. So soon I was sitting at the front of the class, alone. But now being the end of the semester, things has changed. I'm now sitting at the front of the class, with a few people. I generally get along well with the Saudi guys, and one (yes one) british guy. As of the Indian guy, he is weird, so he is always alone. Til today, I've not spoken to most of my classmates. And, I'm the second oldest guy in class, most of the british guys are like 19 or 20. Anyways, I dont think I can get along well with them, they are of the playful sort, and can be irritating. So there nessie, how bout that?

Secondly, doing well in school. 2 years in the army can significantly reduce your intellect. I had alot of problems understanding what was being taught. Everything doesnt make sense, had no idea how to do any of the tutorials, lab reports were killer. And it is worse when people like my parents are expecting me to do well. And also when almost every Singaporean here is getting 1st Class. Pressure.

2 more weeks to exams, 7 papers. Die.... And I've not studied much. Time to get serious. But first, I shall go and sleep.


keith at 2:53 AM
0 bullcrap Post a Comment
***

About the Writer:
.
.
.
.
.
.


About the Past:

11.04

12.04

01.05

02.05

03.05

04.05

05.05

06.05

07.05

08.05

09.05

10.05

11.05

12.05

01.06

02.06

03.06

04.06

05.06

06.06

07.06

08.06

09.06

10.06

11.06

12.06

01.07

02.07

03.07

04.07

05.07

06.07

07.07

08.07

09.07

10.07

11.07

04.08


talk