CNY Dinner
Last night was CNY Dinner organised our Singapore Society, and we had a good time. We had dinner at a chinese restaurant (of course), called Palace Garden. We always get the name wrong, we used to call it Crystal Palace (which is a football team), then it was Crystal Garden, and a few more, we got the name mixed up with the Crystal Jade in sg, haha (I miss Crystal Jade). Yah, so we had a function room all to ourselves, with our own bartender and beer tabs, a little stage, and check this out, Karaoke! We really had a good deal this time, and the owner was really nice to us. We had to prepare our own 'Yu Sheng', with salmon ok... haha. I missed the tossing, as I was collecting money. It was really good, feels like I'm back home. Then came the dishes, fish, chicken, duck, prawns (!), pork and brinjal.
Brinjal, Aubergine, Eggplant whatever you want to call it (apparently my ang moh friends has never heard of the word brinjal), i do not like it. But. Last night, the brinjal was fantastic! It was so good. Everyone thought the same, many like me, do not like brinjal, but loved it. Some even thought it was the best dish of the night. We wanted to remove that from the initial menu actually, but the boss was telling us its good, its also a house special. Wow, it was great.
After dinner, we played games, as usual. quite interesting, haha. And then it was karaoke, we had a good response on that, lots of people wanted to sing, even the only 2 ang mohs there, who are my flatmates, and they sang, Danny Boy, most of us have never heard this song before. They sang some Queen song later, that was really interesting. Besides that, many chinese songs.
Oh, besides just Singaporeans, we had people from Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, Thailand, 1 English, 1 Scot, people from Northumbria Uni (which is sorta beside us), and people from Durham Uni (which is about 15-20 mins by train). Thats the first time we had people from Durham Uni joining us. They have much lesser singaporeans, not sure how many, or rather I forgot. Most singaporeans in Durham study Law, smart ppl... But it was really nice talking to Singaporeans from another uni.
After all that singing, we headed down to club. The Durham ppl really wanted to club in Newcastle, coz Durham is more boring. One of the girls asked me where do they play RnB tonight, but I do not know, I dont go clubbing often here. They very on man. So we ended up at Tiger Tiger, its a really nice place, but the thing is, friday night, anyway, full of Geordies (the local ppl here), and they can be quite rowdy. Well, we had fun there la. I had alot to drink last night. Still having a slight headache now. And I can back with 1 ear stud less, wah lau eh. Irritating can. I bought that in Taiwan leah. Dunno how on earth I lost it. So anyway, we told the Durham ppl to call us a arrange a night out sometime, at our union. Yup, our student union on fri night turns into a club, about 5 bars, 3 different 'rooms'. With cheaper drinks (for a fri night), and drinks that promises to get u pissed fast (from personal experience).
Ok. Some pics

The forfeit.

Eat a banana, blindfolded, with a girl saying wo, ah, faster, slower

The crowd looking at?

The girl singing of course.

The only 2 ang mohs, enjoying themselves.

@ Tiger Tiger
keith at 11:03 PM
0 bullcrap Post a Comment
***