Last night we had a conbined effort dinner at a friend's place.
I cooked wan ton, or at least my version of it.
Nigel cooked thai red curry (at my place).
And the austrian couple made apple strudel (!!!!).
This french guy, brought wine I think. If not he just brought an empty stomach.
Me and nigel were 2 hours late. Hahahaha. Nigel la, took so long. But they werent done with the apple strudel anyways.
They thought my wan ton was really nice, even though some were a bit too fried (black). And pork does taste funny in this country.
And they thought nigel's thai curry was great, I loved it, and it was really spicy.
We had the apple strudel for dessert. And it was really great. I'm impressed they could actually make that from scratch. Although they were equally impressed by my wan tons. hahahaha.
I took forever to make those bloody wan tons, as it is my first time making it. Sister, tips leah.
Had the pork marinated, threw in prawns, mushrooms, spring onions. That seemed to take like an hour. Sat down with the skin and the stuffing, and had no clue how to wrap it up. The stupid skin couldnt stick together. Even with egg white. Nigel says I bought the wrong one. And it was made in Singapore some more. Nigel did the wrapping in the end. My frying skills sucks, hence the multi-toned wan tons.
The curry was easier, just throw everything in right. But I had to de-bone the chicken drumsticks. And it somehow became too salty, but we fixed it. hahaha.
Overall dinner was great.
Wine was good too.
We headed down to the Casino. There is a new one in Chinatown, so all the chinese gambling freaks can spend all their cash. We played a bit, I won 2 pounds. haha. Its actually a nice place to chill out, drink and chat. Drinks are better too.
keith at 7:55 AM
0 bullcrap Post a Comment
***