Happy New Year
I'm back from Egypt, will post on that another time. Spent christmas in egypt, which was alright la. But I always like Christmas back home, although busy, but its good food and good company. And I so miss my mom's Devil curry. And of coz Feng, Rendang, whole block of ham and the little knick knacks. This year, I had steak instead, haha. And surprisingly, no alcohol at all.
So, after getting back to Newcastle, I decided to cook Devil curry myself. Went out to get the stuff and tried my best to create my favourite dish (had to call my mom a few times). It was not bad la, something missing in the taste, didnt have that punch of my mom's curry. Had it again for breakfast today after fine tuning it a bit. And cooked another pot of Devil curry for a mini pot luck we had to new year's. Thats 3 meals in a row with Devil curry. The last one was alot better, and everyone enjoyed it (thats coz no one has tasted my mom's). Oh, did I mentioned the colour turned out wrong even?
Here's a picture.
Still looks yummy right? (Say yes.)
Saw the fireworks on TV, was at London's Eye, and it looked like it wasnt going to stop. Almost 15 mins of crazy fireworks. Kinda wished I was there. A friend wanted to get to me to go, but coz of the trip and the exams I decided not to. Bloody hell, when I was at Big Ben for NYE '03, no fireworks, Big Ben didnt ring even. And it was amazing this year.
Happy New Year!!!!
Good luck for the exams!
keith at 9:58 AM
1 bullcrap Post a Comment
***