Trainspotting

I wished I could think of something to say.
Something sympathetic, something human.
"Say something, Mark."
"Fucking say something, huh?"
"I'm cooking up."
It wasn't just the baby that died that day. Something inside Sick Boy as lost and never returned. It seemed he had no theory with which to explain a moment like this, nor did l.
Our only response was to keep on going and fuck everything.
Pile misery upon misery.
Heap it up on a spoon and dissolve it with a drop of bile. Then squirt it into a stinking, purulent vein and do it all over again.
Keep on going, getting up, going out, robbing, stealing, fucking people over. Propelling ourselves with longing towards the day it would all go wrong. Because no matter how much you stash... or how much you steal, you never have enough. No matter how often you go out and rob and fuck people over... you always need to get up and do it all over again.
Sooner or later, this kind of thing was bound to happen.


Trainspotting, brilliant fucking show.
keith at 4:41 AM
0 bullcrap Post a Comment
***